Tuesday, September 11, 2012

making good decisions

I talk a lot with my kids about "who do you want to be when you grow up" and by that I mean, what kind of person?  What kind of things do you want in your life?

  • Relationships?
  • Opportunities?
  • Employment?
We are failing if we are just living our lives without being intention in the decisions we make.  Sitting on the sofa watching tv all week is a decision; albeit a passive one.  The problem is often that it doesn't feel like a decision.  It feels like I'm just relaxing.  That particular relaxation is seductive.  Who knew my TV was such a vixen of negative productivity and an ever increasing back side.  (remember that Kaiser Permanente commercial that talked about this?  http://xnet.kp.org/newscenter/aboutkp/ourads.html)  Actually most of their ads are really good!

 

Good decisions start with stop




No comments:

Post a Comment