Monday, January 16, 2017

The Struggle is Real

So, new year.  I, like many others, was very ready for 2016 to be over.  It was a very hard year.  I'm not really a "new year" type of person in that I don't make new year resolutions or think of it as a special time for things to be made new.  I honestly see every day that way.  (That and there is a rebel inside of me that refuses to be like other people.)  Anyway.... new year.  I've been working on some changes for the past 8 months or so.  
Career change that didn't go quite as I planned.  So... another career change with more start up and learning.  I won't lie, I'm overwhelmed.  I'm a little bit discouraged, but I refuse to stop trying.

Sat down to work on my Passion Planner today (love this book) and thought... it's a little slow right now, I'll work on the Passion Plan Roadmap.  Goal is to take 5 mins and write out a wish list for Lifetime / 3 years / 1 year / 3 months.  Write any/everything that comes to mind.

Mine is so small.  I have somewhat small goals.  We've been in this grinder for several years now and I realize through this task how much it impacts hope and future and goals.  It's not like I need to have a plan for world domination or world peace, but my goals feel fairly average.

  • Clean home.
  • Home I can entertain in.
  • Financial Freedom
  • Attaining the job I'm now studying for.
  • Kids working.
  • 1 of my business ideas to start making money.
I'm OK with this list.  These are actually great goals for today.  For the next 3 months.  For the next year.  These are things that need to happen and working towards them -- and accomplishing them -- will lift the pressure in our life.  It will make room for bigger goals.

We have to start somewhere.

I am adding an appointment to my calendar to review my goals in 3 months and see where I am.  Go through this process again.  We'll see where we end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment