Sunday, May 11, 2014

stubborn but learning

Have I mentioned that I love sugar?
I love sugar!

I will drive to another county for a Bob's Big Boy Hot Fudge Cake (with extra hot fudge of course).

For the past few years...I have been on this journey to feeling better and better health.
I have been kicking and screaming my way though it.  Whining... I've been pretty annoying.  
I don't want to give up anything, I want to eat what I want and still feel better.  Can't I just take a supplement? Why doesn't that work!  Hello!  Is anybody listening here?!!

So I have these "Magic Pills" (that's my name for them) and they have made such a difference in my life.
I gave up sweet treats for Lent this year.  It kind of plummeted my sugar intake.  When I added it back in, I found my taste buds had changed a bit.  It would now take a little work to accept the same sugar I was happy with before.  So I stopped and thought about that.  WHY would I do that to myself?  Honestly, it's just a habit of how I eat.  Boy am I stubborn.  I just did't want to give it up and yet I'd already been through the toughest part!

So I love sugar, but I hate being hot.  I am hot and sweaty and itchy ALL THE TIME!  The Magic Pills have made a big difference in my life in mitigating these symptoms.  I had a real epiphany today.  I knew this already, but I own it today.  Sugar makes all those things I hate SO MUCH WORSE!!!  They are the ultimate cause of all of it. I just didn't want to believe it.

I now realize... having experienced low sugar for several weeks and then binging* a bit the last 4 days... I AM HOT!  WOW!  It's so hard for me to own that, but I feel it clearly and you know what... I prefer not being hot to eating sugar!

At church and they have treats everywhere for Mother's Day.  Chocolate fountains, caramel fountains, donuts, fruit... NOT FOR ME!  I don't even want it because I don't want to be all hot and sweaty and itchy!  I am finally learning!!

*binge today is less than half of my daily intake of sugar would have been a year or so ago!!
 
Bridgette :)
“Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you can help them become what they are capable of being.”    Goethe

No comments:

Post a Comment